Dedicated to all single parents in the UK looking for love!
Dating tips, news and advice.
In the USA? Try
Friday, 5 April 2013
Trusting Relationships - How Do you Create Them?
Here are some smart ways to create trusting relationships:
• Gain confidence in your own perceptions by paying attention to your doubts and instincts.
• Ask yourself -- does your partner keep important promises or agreements?
• If your partner lets you down, don't always assume that a failure in competence is intentional -- sometimes people simply make a mistake.
• Listen to your partner's side of the story. Make sure your words and tone of voice are consistent with your goal of rebuilding trust.
• Keep in mind that learning to trust is a slow process. You were born with a propensity to trust others but through your life experience you may have become less trusting as a way of protecting yourself.